-100% wool (I found mine at the local thrift store for <$1 for a HUGE ball - win!)
-old panty hose (cut off one of the legs)
-washer & dryer
1. Wind the wool into tight balls roughly the size of tennis balls - I made three.
2. Knot and weave the end into each of the balls using a tapestry needle.
3. Put each ball into the old panty hose, tying a knot between each ball.
4. Wash on HOT HOT HOT. Dry thoroughly in the dryer. Repeat to ensure wool felts.
5. Remove from panty hose (you might need to cut them out).
I use these in the dryer every time I dry our clothes, linens, etc. I add 10-15 drops of essential oils if I am looking for a specific scent (i.e. lavender for our bed linens), but otherwise just use them plain. I have used them several times a week for almost a year now, with very little wear (other than the attempted "pruning" my two-year-old did TO them with some misplaced scissors - but I just weaved those ends back in!) These replaced my Norwex balls which had cracked outside of their warranty period, and prior to that, replaced dryer sheets! They were SO easy to make!