Saturday, July 27, 2013

Day 1 - Welcome

As part of being more intentional with this blog, with my life, with my passions, I want to work towards this:

Source
I will be chronicling my journey on my blog and I'm looking forward to the end result!

Ok.  Let's get started: Day 1 - Welcome. The challenge from Darcy was "When did you realize how much you loved photos? What motivates you to love your images?"

I was 8 or 9 years old when my parents gave me my first camera - it was a Kodak Instamatic. I LOVED my camera. I took photos of anything and everything - Christmas presents, my brother, our pets, our yard... I went crazy. The quality of the photos wasn't spectacular, but I didn't care. I could take photos and keep a record of my life. I became even more excited when my parents gave me my first set of cube flashes, because then I could take photos indoors too. I think that's where my love began...and since then I've been recording! I have BOXES of film from the many other cameras I've had along the way (one of my other projects is digitizing the film)... though most recently (back in 2008!) I purchased a Canon Rebel XS. While I know it is not the fanciest camera out there, I have been pleased with the photos I have taken thus far. I bought it with the intention to learn how to shoot photos using manual settings, but I became side-tracked by life. One of my goals this year is to be more intentional, and I hope that this series will help me in this goal to learn more about my camera and ultimately learn to take better photographs as I record the lives of our family.

No comments: