Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Day 5 - UNDERSTANDING APERTURE PART 1

As part of being more intentional with this blog, with my life, with my passions, I want to work towards this:


Source
I will be chronicling my journey on my blog and I'm looking forward to the end result!
***


Day 4 - Controlling the Faucet definitely made my head spin. As I noted, math and I struggle. In my grade 12 year, my final math mark was 79%. Ouch. Just shy of honors - the only below 80 mark. But I held my head high. I KNEW I had earned that mark. It was rounded up. It was all me. 

Now on to Day 5 - Understanding Aperture Part I... I particularly like the image that Darcy created:


Source
Visually, this helps tremendously. I think I will keep referring back to this image as I practice. I have definitely taught the WHY of shallow vs wide depth of field in my film studies classes, but it is a whole different ball game when trying to figure out HOW they do this.  

I think I need to practice with a measuring tape.. my daughter is a little too active ;)



No comments: