Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Day 8 - The Exposure Triangle

As part of being more intentional with this blog, with my life, with my passions, I want to work towards this:




Source
I will be chronicling my journey on my blog and I'm looking forward to the end result!
***

More math EEK (sorta) in Day 8 - The Exposure Triangle ... though I like the "rules" or guidelines Darcy provides. They make sense to me:



  1. If you change your aperture, it changes how long you leave your shutter open.
  2. If you shoot on a low ISO you can leave your shutter open longer than shooting with a high ISO, because high ISO is more sensitive.
  3. If your aperture is wide open, you can only open the shutter for a tiny bit of time.
  4. If you make your aperture smaller, you can open your shutter for longer, because less light gets through the opening.
  5. If you shoot at an ISO of 100 you can shoot a longer exposure, even with the aperture more open.
  6. Low ISO and small aperture means the longest shutter speed.
  7. At an ISO of 100 and an ISO of 400, to get the same exposure, the aperture needs to be a lot more open for ISO 100 than 400.

No comments: