Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Day 18 - What Camera Do You Have?


As part of being more intentional with this blog, with my life, with my passions, I want to work towards this:

I will be chronicling my journey on my blog and I'm looking forward to the end result!
***

Oh - this post has my name written all over it. I am struggling with contentment. BIG TIME. There are so many things that I want at the moment...

I want a house in the country, but we live in town. For my husband's sake, my daughter's sake, my sake, I need to be content and I need to make this our HOME. 

I want a stunning wardrobe that is stylish. Right now, we're on a tight budget and shopping for new clothes is not making the cut. I need to be creative with what I have. I have some basic sewing skills, a sewing machine and plenty of inspiration from the internet. This will do.

My "wants" could go on forever... I often forget to be thankful for the many blessings from God in my life - my loving family, sturdy roof over our heads, good clothes, plenty of food...etc, but I'm keeping it real. This is my struggle.

But in the midst of this, I need to remember the things I want won't make me happy... and the things I want won't magically transform our situation or my heart.  I long for that country home, but I think more than that, I long for a simple, unhurried life. Um, hello? If I can't work towards that here and now, then I'll never accomplish it there and then. 

I want to be stylish because I think that it will somehow make me feel more confident and friendly (crazy, right?) ... but really, I have seen people who own expensive AND stylish clothes who are awkward and no one wants to be around them. 

Many of these wants have to do with matters of the heart... learning contentment with the lot in life that God has given to me. Slowing down. Revelling in the beauty of others. Being rather than doing.

But back to today's challenge - most recently seeing the beautiful cameras that people around me have...and wishing for a better camera... oh, this post was for me! 

So, what camera do I have? "The perfect one for this shot."


No comments: