Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Day 21 - Elements of Composition


As part of being more intentional with this blog, with my life, with my passions, I want to work towards this:
I will be chronicling my journey on my blog and I'm looking forward to the end result!***Day 21 - Elements of Composition ... ooo! I've talked about these before in my Film Studies portion of the curriculum. Darcy includes some very cool examples... now I'm going to go back and comb through some of my photos and see if I have some examples?! 

I have found a few... and will need to look for more, or better yet, use the new skills I have to take some more! I guess it leaves something to work on!

1. Filling your frame

2. Simple backgrounds


3. Rule of Thirds – place points of focus at thirds rather than center, center on the x- and y-axis.

4. Patterns - repetition of lines or elements




5. Depth of Field – use focus to draw the eye to your subject

6. Framing of your subject – using elements in the photo to make a natural frame

7. Lines – using horizontals, verticals or diagonals to emphasize your subject

8. Use of Negative Space (“White Space”) – open space brings the eye where you want it

9. Symmetry – use mirrored or repetitive geometry to create balance

No comments: