As busy as our household can be with two under two, I try to still bake bread once a week to help my house smell home-y and yummy. I always smile when people come to my house and tell me "it smells delicious!" I smile because I agree.
Here's my favourite recipe -
No-Knead (Bread) Dough
2 ½ cups warm water
1 T. quick-rise yeast
2 tsp. salt
2 T. oil
6 cups of white flour (alternative: 3 cups white, 3 cups multigrain)
- Sprinkle yeast over water. Set aside 5 minutes.
- Add to the yeast mixture salt and oil. Mix.
- Add 6 cups of flour. Mix until smooth/elastic dough.
- Sprinkle with flour/”grease” with oil. Cover with cling-wrap and allow to rise in bowl for 1 hour. (Can speed it up by placing it in the oven with the light ON.)
- Divide and shape into portions. Allow to rise uncovered for 1 hour. Again, can speed it up by placing it in the oven with the light on.
- Thirds: 2 loaves (9x3x5) and 1 pan of buns (8x8)
- Half: pizza dough and 6 hamburger buns
- 9x13 + 8x8 of cinnamon buns/regular buns
- And many more combinations!
6.Bake according to portions:
- Loaves: 375F for 30 minutes
- Buns: 350F for 20 minutes
- Pizza: (once topped) 450F for 10-12 minutes
And unfortunately for you we tucked into them before I got anymore photos.....mmmm :)
(Borrowed & adapted from Erin Leschert who borrowed & adapted from WM Cookbook!)