Friday, September 11, 2015

Apple Pie

Every fall apple pie is on the top of our list of treats. Over the years I've tried different recipes, and this year ... I think I found the shortcut in the crust :)

I used this for the crust: Grandmother's Super Flaky Pie Crust (my new go-to recipe for anything requiring a crust)
  • 2 cups flour
  • 3/4 cup margarine  (you can use butter!)
  • water
Cut the margarine into the flour until crumbly. Add water gradually until right consistency. Separate into two pieces and roll out on a lightly floured surface to fit pie plate.

I used this for the spices:
  • 3 T. flour
  • 3 T. sugar
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp ginger
Mix together. (I actually make extra of this and keep it on hand for quick apple pies!)

And we chopped apples from our friend's garden, even leaving on the skins!

Layer apple slices and spices in the crust. Top with crust.  350 F-degrees for about 30 minutes... 




No comments: