Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Blogging during Stolen Moments

Once upon a time ... Before I had children ... I used to follow a blog, Cooking During Stolen Moments.

Frankly, I didn't get it. I was a university student and then a teacher. I didn't understand how stay-at-home moms and work-at-home moms didn't have oodles of time to spare. After all, they didn't have to leave the house if hey didn't want to, and children amuse themselves and babies sleep all day... Right?

Yup. Slightly delusional. 

Now, momma to three, I have a new appreciation for those Stolen Moments, and moms everywhere, working or not, because growing and shaping a human being is hard work. And multiple little humans? Well, it's like a circus!  "Those moments" can be hard to come by.

If I were to track the number of minutes a day I spend nursing, preparing meals,  changing tiny bottoms, supervising getting dressed, eating meals, cleaning up, etc... I log HOURS. 

So for now, in the midst of the crazy, I'm utilizing my Stolen Moments, or The Fringe Hours, as Jessica Turner coined the usage of the "extra" minutes. So for now, photography (my job), blogging (my vent) and  reading (my adult "conversation" and escape) are how I'm choosing to use them.



In my quest to balance this crazy life, this book has helped me to corral my minutes and be more effective in my day-to-day life!

No comments: